Re: Anchor winch turning itself on!

Joerg Esdorn

Wow, quite a reaction.  Yes, indeed, the anchor winches on my 55 are made by Quick.  They are excellent winches in my experience, having hauled various mooring anchors, rocks and other stuff in many places in the Med, in addition to my 55kg anchor and 100 m of chain!  They are not gadgets, they are serious pieces of equipment.   I appreciate the redundancy a second windlass provides.  What happened to me had nothing to do with Quick.  The remote is very well designed from an engineering perspective but it‘s been heavily used and opened many times to remove batteries in the fall and reinstall them in the spring.   So what happened to me is not a reason to point fingers at Quick or Amel.   It can happen to anyone with any make of windlass.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently cruising Britany