Saltwater Manifolds, Primary and Secondary Late Model SMs & All 54s

TO: All interested:

CC: Laura at SOFOMARIN

Primary Saltwater Manifold for a 54 or late model SM

I do not yet have a photo from SOFOMARIN, of the one that is being designed, but below is a photo of the original made of copper. Hopefully, SOFOMARIN will have something that can be put in place of the original copper. If this happens I suggest that all A54 owners buy it from SOFOMARIN. Likewise, ALL late-model SM owners should do the same, because this part is the same on both the SM and 54.
image.png

SOFOMARIN has also designed a Secondary Saltwater Manifold for late model SMs and one for all A54s.

This is the SM Manifold (Note this is not the finished product. This is a mock-up sample)
image.png

This is the 54 Secondary Saltwater Manifold with optional 90-degree hose barbs:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 1:51 PM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Ralph AND Nicole e Nilson,

AND all other Amel 54 owners (you should do this, also)

I believe that today SOFOMARIN visited Laurens Vos's Amel 54 to take measurements. SOFOMARIN is the supplier to Amel for all specialized valves and manifolds for the Amel 55, 50 & 60. They make high-quality components for Amel that have a much longer life than the copper and bronze manifolds and valves the Amel previously used.

Please contact Laura <contact@...>. Be sure to tell her I asked you to contact her.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 7:04 AM Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:
Hallo Bill,

I would be interested in purchasing one of the Amel 54 Primary Saltwater Manifold.

My one also shows signs of corrosion. Probably just an optic issue, but I would prefer one in stron plastic.

Ralph