Re: Update to Bow Thruster will not go down

Stephen Davis

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help. Obviously, I’m a bit out of my element if I thought the failed component was a resistor when it is actually a diode. I just emailed the pictures of the board to a company that repairs them, and they said the trace was too damaged to repair the board. The only labeling on the diode I can make out are T47-87, and I did not get any hits on that. Whether or not I have an underlying problem is an excellent question. I had the thruster up and down twice in the hour before it failed, and it was working fine. Considering the boat is 29 years old, I guess it is jus possible it was time to go.

steve
Aloha SM #72