Solar panel arch on Amel 54

hayden.wills <hayden.wills@...>

Hello group,

Has anyone installed a solar panel array on a stern arch that also incorporates dinghy davits. I would like to have as large a solar capacity as possibe - say 3X200 watt panels. These panels are quite large and I was wondering if anyone had done anything similar in the past on a 54 or SM53. It would seem sensible to fabricate a strong set of davits also if I were to go to the trouble of having an arch for the panels.

I am looking at purchasing a used 54 early in the new year and this is about the only conceivable addition I would want to make. I do not want to be running the genset every day if I can avoid it.

Best wishes and seasons greetings to all,
Hayden