Re: SM & A54 Main + Mizzen manual furling gear boxes - seals, o-rings, dust cover … + source(s) ???

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Stefan. I have just completed a service of the main furler gearbox. Seals are available from SKF. As you would expect the list Maud has sent you shows the correct dimensions.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 25 September 2021 at 06:54 Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

Dear Amelians,

I want to change all seals etc. for the main and mizzen manual rolling gear.
I was in contact with Maud.  She sends me a good picture, but cannot send me a list of measurements etc. and a set of seals etc. (at least not at the moment).
The forum helped me more (posts and references from Pat SM 123, Scott, Ken ...) but I'm completely stuck now.
Not sure about the dimensions or type of the seals, I haven't found a good source.

So I hope that someone has a list with the proven number, dimension, etc. of all the seals required, etc.,
as well as a good source in Europe, ideally in Germany (preferably all parts together).

Thanks a lot you for your help.

 Best regards
 Stefan
 A54 # 119 Lady Charlyette, currently La Palma - Canary Islands