Solar/MPPT or Multiplus during winter lay up?

David Crisp

Wilna Grace has twelve new 110AH Victron Gel batteries and I'm keen to look after them carefully! The bank is charged either by solar and a Victron MPPT 100/50 or a Victron Multiplus 24V 3000W 70A.

I am about to store my boat onshore in Greece for the winter (6 months) and I am wondering what the best way is to leave my Gel batteries powered with the solar/MPPT or Multiplus? I ask because I note the Multiplus has a storage mode whereas the MPPT does not.

--
David Crisp
SV Wilna Grace