Water maker - mental moment

David Crisp

I'm having a mental moment/doubts concerning the correct positions for the three-way valve on the watermaker (Duo 100 on an A54)

Restarted the watermaker yesterday (after it had been pickled for a couple of months) turned the valve upwards to flush with fresh water.  Then the turned the valve handle downwards to allow sea water to be taken in from the manifold to the HP pump.  All seemed okay.  I've left the handle turned downwards as normal for day to day operation but I find the fresh water pump keeps kicking in every few minutes, I can only stop this by having the valve handle horizontal.

As I recall/understood:
- handle vertical upwards - fresh water flush
- handle horizontal everything shut off
- handle vertically down sea water allowed to flow.

Am I having a mental moment or is there a problem somewhere please?

--
David Crisp
SV Wilna Grace