Speed sensor rubber cap

Mohammad Shirloo

Our speed sensor was a bit erratic after a 3 week stay in Venice. I dove in it today to clean the rubber caps with my diving gloves. The rubber cap came off of the forward sensor and I was able to catch it before it went to the bottom.

I need to put the cap on while in water, until we haul out next year. It appears to be just a pressure fit as I could not see any sealant. The sealant may have just worn off in the past 12 years. Any advice on how to fit it back in under water, would be appreciated.

i have added pictures of the part to be reinstalled.

thank you.