Re: Need help from a 54 owner in La Rochelle

Arno Luijten

Hi Laurens,

Please be aware I’m working with Sofomarin as well. Some moths ago I helped designing a new secondary manifold together with Bill Rouse and others. This has been in place since on our boat.
About the primary manifold; for me it is clear the strainer needs to be replaced with an unmodified version. I’m also planning to raise the strainer by approx 10 cm to get the rim of the strainer above the static waterline.
I sent a schematic drawing to Sofomarin for this last week asking them to suggest a setup and size diagram for this.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121