Re: SM & A54 Main + Mizzen manual furling gear boxes - seals, o-rings, dust cover … + source(s) ???

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Vladan, sorry I dont. Havent been there yet.

Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 27 September 2021 at 20:27 Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,

I think you are referring to anti dust seal. That one I used and installed.

If I was not precise in my post, In Amel kit was supplied two number 5 seals and I used only one of them.

Don’t know how many seals are in mizen furler? Maybe that one goes there?

Best Regards,

Vladan – SV Pame

A54 #157

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 09:35
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] SM & A54 Main + Mizzen manual furling gear boxes - seals, o-rings, dust cover … + source(s) ???

Hi Vladan. Having just serviced my main sail furler I suspect from your photo this mounts externally on the output shaft sitting down on the top of the housing. One caviat on that opinion is I was looking at the photo on the small screen of my phone 

Kind Regards 

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 27 September 2021 at 19:16 Vladan SV PAME <vladan.bojic@...> wrote:

Hi Stefan,

I bought set of seals for main sail manual furler in March this year from Amel.

After replacing them all on main sail furler I remained with one seal that I don’t know what is for.

In attached photo you have all dimensions. Seal number 5 was extra in my case. 

If you need better photo or scan of document that came with seals let me know and I’ll send it to you.

Best Regards,

Vladan - SV Pame

A54 #157

Image.jpeg

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Stefan Schaufert <mail@...>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2021 21:54
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] SM & A54 Main + Mizzen manual furling gear boxes - seals, o-rings, dust cover … + source(s) ???

Dear Amelians,

I want to change all seals etc. for the main and mizzen manual rolling gear.
I was in contact with Maud.  She sends me a good picture, but cannot send me a list of measurements etc. and a set of seals etc. (at least not at the moment).

The forum helped me more (posts and references from Pat SM 123, Scott, Ken ...) but I'm completely stuck now.

Not sure about the dimensions or type of the seals, I haven't found a good source.

So I hope that someone has a list with the proven number, dimension, etc. of all the seals required, etc.,

as well as a good source in Europe, ideally in Germany (preferably all parts together).

Thanks a lot you for your help.

Best regards

Stefan

A54 # 119 Lady Charlyette, currently La Palma - Canary Islands

--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.