Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Scott SV Tengah

Reudi,

My AC pump works on inverter just fine. We got rid of the Amel transfer switch when we upgraded to the Victron Quattro which has it's own "smart" transfer switch that can limit input current and also use the inverter to supplement draws above this limit current.

Carre D'As had a problem with his AC pump not working on inverter - you should ask if he's resolved it. He has the Multiplus, which doesn't have the internal transfer switch so relies on the Amel switch.

If I had to guess based on the fact that it works fine for me and it doesn't work with Carre D'As, the AC pump is probably wired to the Amel switch? A proper electrician should surely be able to figure it out in 15 minutes.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69