Re: Companion way hatch door removal

Bill Kinney

Bernd

There are several ways to remove the companion way slide. I am not familiar with the details of the way an SN is assembled, all my comments apply to the SM.

  • You can remove the screws and lift the dodger enough to lift the slide out of its track. Since you only have to tip it forward enough to get the slide out of its track, this is not quite as terrible a job as it might first sound like.
  • You can cut the track apart on the starboard side, remove the slide, and then reassemble. This is how I did mine, described here.¬†I liked this method because it is essentially invisible, and allows easy removal in the future.
  • You can cut the slide and the glue it back together, or install hinges on the cut.
Each method has it proponents, and each has it advantages and disadvantages.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD