Re: AMFA bilge pump spare part

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello, there are BOSCH wiper motors for 24V that work perfect to replace the original motor and gear. Just look at ebay. Cost about 50 euros plus shipping in Europe.

Oliver from Vela Nautica
A54#39
Martinique

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021, 11:07 ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
I have the original AMFA bilge pump.  For the second time in 21 years ( I make no complaint--would that everything lasted that long ) the plastic cogged wheel that connects the motor to the pump has broken.

 I have emailed Reya, the French group that now owns A. M.F.A.  in the hope that they still carry spares.  My recollection from last time is that they sell you the motor attached to the wheel.

 Not cheap, but a sound of great comfort when it works.

 Has anyone recently had to get this spare part ?

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Leros, Greece ( sitting out an unseasonal 7 day meltemi )