Re: Climma air conditioning unit

Paul,

Most Amel owners in this Group have either Climma Compact or Climma Split ACs. I believe that you have a Climma Chiller System.

The only reason I interject this into the thread is that you may get some replies from other owners who are not aware that yours is significantly different than theirs. Maybe you were also not aware?

It sounds like you need to seek support from a trained tech because 160 volts can kill. If you are in Europe, start with customerservice@.... I found them quite helpful.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:43 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Hello, can anyone assist please:

My Amel 55 has a Climma AC unit in the saloon and fwd cabin that appears to have 160v across its fan relay which is causing the fan motor to be energised without the unit being switched on. In other words there is a hum coming from the fan motor (the fan is not spinning) which would probably burn the motor out if the unit is not switched off at its circuit breaker. The issue appears to be within the control board.

I appreciate your assistance in advance.

regards Paul - Fortuna II Amel 55 #17