Re: 1981 Maramu pre-survey

Dennis Johns

Hi Ben,

The things you should worry about the most are those things that the previous owner(s) changed.  An '81 Maramu should be pretty basic Amel and if there were modifications, that's where problems may occur.  Without pictures of the boat it's hard to identify changes.  Are there pictures or a broker site to look at?

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu #121

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 3:45 PM Ben Levy <benjamin.levy@...> wrote:
Good day lucky Amel owners.
I am about to buy my first Amel, an original maramu from 1981 (hull 98). I am having a 2nd viewing of the boat tomorrow and I was wondering if any maramu owner (or former owner), had any advices regarding critical components to check or any important systems to look at? I will have a professional survey done once I have signed the sell agreement but I will first have to settle on a price. The boat is in really good neck for its age but being 40, there must be some components being ready to give up on life. Anyway, any advices would be most welcome as amel yachts are one of a kind.
Cheers,
Ben