Re: Retractable bow thruster maintenance on a Sharki

Paul,

Here is a snippet from a page in my book. Almost all of this has been previously posted in our Group.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 9:13 AM Paul Peschel <paul.peschel@...> wrote:

Hola from Spain,

This summer my wife and took over an Amel Sharki, so happy to be part of the wonderful group now :-). Unfortunately the bow thruster has no propeller so we got a new one from Maud of Amel as well as a service kit. The assembly requires separating the lower part with the gearbox and the upper part with the motor. Somehow there is a lot of corrosion and the parts have grown together. Is there a trick to separate them again? Does anyone have similar experiences? Does anybody has disassembled the motor and might have some tipps?

Best regards,

Paul