From: Paul Peschel <paul.peschel@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 6, 2021 4:53 pm
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Retractable bow thruster maintenance on a Sharki

Hola from Spain,

This summer my wife and took over an Amel Sharki, so happy to be part of the wonderful group now :-). Unfortunately the bow thruster has no propeller so we got a new one from Maud of Amel as well as a service kit. The assembly requires separating the lower part with the gearbox and the upper part with the motor. Somehow there is a lot of corrosion and the parts have grown together. Is there a trick to separate them again? Does anyone have similar experiences? Does anybody has disassembled the motor and might have some tipps?

Best regards,
Paul