Re: Firefly batteries

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi Bill,

When you say this:

All the batteries on the 0 to 12 volt side are tied together. Likewise, all of them on the 12 to 24 volt side

Do you mean that the low side batteries of each 24v pair are all connected together with all their negative terminals, and similarly the high side?

Another possible hitch is that I’ve been told by a UK supplier that FF recommends no more than four pairs, but I believe you mentioned that a 54 would normally take 12. Would you know anything about this? It is the G31s I’m talking about.

Hi Arno,

You say that 12 batteries would not fit. I note you have hull 121 and wonder if Amel may have resized the compartment in the interim from #98? According to my measurements on record it will be 2mm short on the width but assume some inaccuracy in this measurement.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98