Maramu pole attachment to the mast broke off

Alex BAIZEAU

Hello everyone,

We own a Maramu rigged with the system of twin small and long poles.

The piece of stainless steel that attach the port small pole to the mast broke off while deploying the large pole. It's was held in place by rivets but they corroded away.

The rivet holes have been enlarged (see attached picture) either by corrosion or when trying to drill the rivets out so I can't just re rivet the piece to the mast.

I wonder what are my options to reattach this critical piece of equipement.

Here iare the 3 options that I've though of so far:

- Redrill 3 cmm higher or lower on the mast and re-rivet. The issue is that the small pole won't be lined up with the support ring on the standing rigging exactly how it was before

or

- Enlarge the holes and use threaded inserts - It sounds like the most robust option to me but I'm not sure if I'm capable of enlarging these holes without making a bigger mess
or

- Have the piece mounted on a larger plate so that it can be mounted at the same height than before.

I would appreciate any suggestion

Here is a picture of the piece itself:

Here are the rivet holes in the mast

Here is the back of the piece