Re: Net call - potential water ingress point on all Super Maramus

Marty Crighton

Bill - sorry should have done that when I sent it.
All three photos are of the inside of the exhaust cavity looking inboard from the exhaust hole towards the wall of the cavity parallel to the cockpit combing. The throughbolts belong to the aft-most hinge of the portside cockpit locker.
Photo1 is a close up of the drain hole.
Photo 2 is a wider angle of the drain hole with the adhesive visible.
Photo 3 is of the low spot in the cavity aft of the hinge and drain hole. In our experience, this area collects water and where the adhesive deterioration took place and the point of water ingress.
Marty

NADA, SM2K #327
Grenada

--