Re: Firefly batteries

Scott SV Tengah

I think the confusing bit is that I have the capability for midpoint monitoring on my Victron battery monitor and they still told me that with the Smart Lithium batteries, I should NOT connect the midpoints.

I think for lead acid, it may make sense, as you mentioned, as long as you take corrective action. With the Victron BMS and victron lithiums, the "corrective action" is automatic as each individual cell within each battery is monitored and if things are awry, either load or charge disconnect automatically occurs to protect the batteries.

With batteries that don't have BMS, you have to take action manually. Sorry for thread drift, just want to make sure lithium users don't automatically assume that you should connect the midpoints.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69