Re: [Amel] Electrical Cable Replacement in Main Mast

Hi Gary---yes to both questions. Ian

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 01:25:07 +0000
Subject: Re: [Amel] Electrical Cable Replacement in Main Mast

Hi Ian and Judy:
Thanks for that information. Please confirm a couple of other items for me if you would:
1. Is the 24 meter cable long enough?
2. Am I correct that the cable goes to a junction box in the wire chase above the forward cabin companionway?
As always, thanks a bunch.

Gary

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Gary, I had the same problem on my SM2000, no. 302, launched June 2000, and you will be pleased to hear that the cables were all separate. Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen.

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:16:01 +0000

Hello All:

I am just back from getting Liahona recommissioned after hurricane storage ashore in Antigua. During refitting of the mast-head B & G Type 213 wind meter at the main mast-head I discovered that the aluminum threaded socket into which it threads, was cracked and I could not screw the wind instrument mast into it. I will post a photo of this failure mode in the photo's section.

The plug (B & G PN 178-0B-001, Plug, Bracket and 24 meter cable) can be replaced at a cost of approx. US$ 375.00 but has a 24 meter integral cable that must be chased down the mast. It appears that the cable comes to a junction box in the wire chase above the forward head hallway. My question to you knowledgeable members is this: are the cables in the mast tie wrapped together by Amel when the boat is manufactured, which will prevent pulling the new cable in using the old cable as a messenger line OR are all cables threaded separately? My hope is to use the old cable to pull the new cable. Any prior experience or info from Joel or the factory would be appreciated.

Best to all, Gary Silver Amel SM2000 Hull # 335

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/