Re: Amel Mango autopilot sprocket

svcharisma

Davis,
I've had my steering apart several times to machine new bushings. The sprocket should just be attached to the steering shaft with a set screw and then will take some persuasion or a puller to get it off. The tricker part is getting the shaft out. It has a hidden snap ring, actually I think there are two snap rings holding it in. I could only get it out with snap ring pliers that I had to buy in Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. Good luck.

Alan, s/v Charisma
Mango #62
currently in Savusavu, Fiji

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "davismel2003" <davis@...> wrote:

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "davismel2003" <davis@> wrote:

Does anyone have any information on how to remove the sprocket at the back of the steering that the NECO autopilot chain goes on? I have tried to upload a photo but with no success as yet.
I have posted a picture to album Amel Mango Annie M, thx for any help