Re: which pump?

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Eric,

We've been using the Jabsco Vflo 5.0 (42755-0094) for years now without pressure issues or leaking fittings. It's factory shutoff pressure is actually 60psi. The pressure set screw can be adjusted. The pressures created by the hot water boiler when it heats up cold water and no faucet is opened seem much higher anyway.

You should be fine installing your Shurflo 55. It will move more water so be aware of that when you turn things on wide open.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021, 11:50 AM Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
My domestic water pump just died it is a Jabsco pup rated at 40 psi.
I was happy with the water volume.

I have on board a Sureflow rated at 55 psi and more volume.

I had bought it a while ago and then realized that the original Amel pump was not rated at such a high pressure.
I wonder what the group thinks of using this pump. If I recall a few owners use the 55 psi pump.

Fair Winds
ERIC
Kimberlite Amel SM 376