Re: 12V alternator for D3 Volvo on Amel 54

Ian Fraser

Thanks Dean. It certainly looks like this is a common issue with trying to find an isolated ground alternator that fits on the D3……seems the Volvo ones needed to be “modified”.

On 16 Oct 2021, at 02:38, Dean Gillies <stella@soundthinking.com.au> wrote:

Ian,
I have recently replaced my alternator with the (expensive) Volvo numbered model. I had to modify (ie machine) the alternator mountings to accept the delrin 'sleeves' that Scott mentioned. I suspect these sleeves were installed by Amel. So be aware that the Volvo numbered alternator does not just fit without modification, even if you do have those sleeves to hand.
Good luck.
Dean
SV STELLA
A54-154