Re: which pump?

Scott SV Tengah

We have used a variable speed Marco UP-6E on our A54 for over two years.

Without the accumulator, it died within 3 months, with an accumulator, it has lasted almost two years and is still going strong.

Two differences with the A54, compared to previous models, is that our domestic water lines are all rigid (I believe PEX) AND further our toilets are fresh water flush, using a water solenoid. In my extensive conversations with Marco engineers, it appears that those two result in a hammer effect that damaged the seals within our Marco pump.

The pump is great and provides more water than we need. I believe the SM has flexible domestic water supply lines so potentially its not an issue, but I would still use an accumulator.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69