Re: Hardtop for Amel 54 and SM

Hi Seckin ,

We had a carbon fibre hard top made for us this year by FYS in Porto Cheli. Complete with solar panels , LED lights , solar screens at the side and back and for this winter we have designed a winter enclosure ( not unlike the original SM winter extension to the Amel Bimini but with far more headroom . )
We love it . It has taken an already generous cockpit to a new level .
That’s the good news . The bad news is that the man who made it has sworn never to make another ! He is a perfectionist . A keen sailor of a fast catamaran , he has built a number of carbon fibre hard tops for catamarans but this was his first SM hard top . I think it took him a lot more time than he had anticipated . As his last hard top it is a real tribute to his skills

I have posted some pictures on this site and will rustle up some more —- but not just now as it’ s raining in Kilada !

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302, from a rainy Greece

On 18 Oct 2021, at 18:04, Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila <ann-sofie@...> wrote:

 In the previous diskussion I posted a picture on our cockpit roof.

I think you can see my answer below.

Hälsningar
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998
Present on the hard in Portimao, Portugal

Skickat från min iPhone

18/10/2021 kl. 15:09 skrev Seckin Barlas <seckinbar@...>:

Dear Amelian Friends;
I hope all of you had a good season.
This year we sail in Turkish coast in Marmaris - gökova - Gocek.
We spent about 90 days at sea. (ıt is quite long for us as a young family of 3, had a school age girl at 5 years old)

I wonder about HARDTOP project that is last been discussed in january.

Is there any other friends who implemented hardtop for their boat this summer?

I wonder about the price of the hardtop from those who had previously assembled. (and also the pictures please…)

Best regards;
Seckin
SY HAYAT SM#76

On 26 Jan 2021, at 12:29, Philippe Chatton <chattonp960@...> wrote:

Hi everyone
I noticed that several SM owners seem to have an interest in a hard top - including myself.
At one point in time we might consider a group order, assuming we can identify a model / manufacturer, and should an interest be confirmed.
Kind regards
Philippe
S/V Chameleon - Antibes FR

Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 à 21:54, Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg <ann-sofie@...> a écrit :
Hi Mohammed
I have got some requests for more pictures. I will put a .pdf together showing it. Just give me a day or two.

The original roof is made by a friend if us and is a sandwich construction with divinycell inbetween the GRP.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila
SM 232, 1998
Present in Algarve, Portugal

Skickat från min iPhone

25/01/2021 kl. 19:17 skrev Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>:

Hello Halsinger;

Nice looking hard top. Do you have more pictures and/or videos that show more detail?

Where did you have this top fabricated?

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo