Re: Galley sink drain

Joerg Esdorn

The other advantage of the Amel 50/60 grey water tank vs. the prior models’ grey water in the bilge is that the tank doesn’t smell as it is hermetically sealed.  At least, that’s the theory.  So presumably you can wait longer to clean the tank …..

This summer, we used the cockpit drain on the starboard side for the first time to dispose of left over food stuff.  The problem is that whatever you throw down there has the tendency of ending up on the cockpit door which slides down into the space by the drain.  But one could put a board there to close the space off from the cockpit door.  Another option I’m considering.  Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I would love to hear from the A55 owner who put in the through hull.  Does it gurgle like on Mark’s SM?

Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle