Re: Rudder Stuffing Box Packing Material

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Bob and Alan,

have to agree, very hard to get the three rings in. Last time I left it at two and months (a year maybe) later when a bit of seep happened I added the third. As the old saying goes "more than one way to skin a.....

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl"

On 20 October 2021 at 22:09 Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
Last time I did it....8 years ago ??  I used 5/16" which is pretty close to 8mm.
I remember it was quite difficult to compress the three rings enough to get the nut to start.
I eventually took out the topmost ring and screwed the nut down on the first two, took out the nut and then put the last one in.
I think that would be near impossible if the packing was 10mm
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437