From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Alan Leslie
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 5:10 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Rudder Stuffing Box Packing Material

Hi Bob,
Last time I did it....8 years ago ??  I used 5/16" which is pretty close to 8mm.
I remember it was quite difficult to compress the three rings enough to get the nut to start.
I eventually took out the topmost ring and screwed the nut down on the first two, took out the nut and then put the last one in.
I think that would be near impossible if the packing was 10mm
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437