Re: All that stuff hanging off the stern-- Gel batteries, solar panels and inverter - an experience

Paul Harries

Such a dodger is a logical solution.
Has anyone tried incorporating the panels in such a way so as to produce a heatsink? An Aluminum dodger roof might be one solution as it would make a decent heat sink for cooling. Another option would be to consider a low flow water cooling system on the panel underside, far more complicated. From what I have read in the absence of panel cooling power generation would be compromised, please correct any stupid misconceptions I have.
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer