From: Nicolas Klene via groups.io <laixoi@...>
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Oct 24, 2021 6:36 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Aletes

Mike and Tom all the best for your new life , any present, past or futur Amel owner will always be welcome on DarNico to share their wisdom and a good moment , once family …always family ! Keep well
Nicolas
DarNico
Amel 53 #471
Still in Marseille 🇫🇷

Le 23 oct. 2021 à 21:38, Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra@...> a écrit :

Amel Friends,

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things:
Of shoes-and ships–and sealing-wax–of cabbages–and kings–
And why the sea is boiling hot–and whether pigs have wings.

Indeed, the time has come to say goodbye to Aletes. We have had a wonderful 16 years with her – exciting adventures and countless memories shared with so many friends. Time at sea with great comrades unburdens the mind and nourishes the soul.

The support of the Amel family has been a true blessing in owning and maintaining this marvelous and complex vessel. We thank all of you who have shared your knowledge and experience. A finer bunch of sailors there is not.

We will sorely miss Aletes as we close this chapter of boat ownership. Who knows what may come next? Anyone need crew?

In any case, we have learned that the sea is not boiling hot, and pigs don’t have wings – although some fish do.

Ps: The new owner is Aleksie Mayeosyan with plans of sailing with his family down the East Coast of the U.S. and on to Mexico, Panama, and the Pacific. He can pick up the Aletes story from here.

Mike and Tom
Former caretakers of Aletes SM#240, Rock Hall, MD

--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico