Re: Water heater cleaning #solution

Jose,

I am not 100% sure, but if your SM has not been changed since she was new, the water heater is protected by the rudder zincs with a bonding wire attachment. If that bonding wire is in place, I do not know why you need to do anything else.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 1:39 PM JOSE PRIETO <prietomd11@...> wrote:
I have installed a basic 40 isotemp water heater on my boat. I have started a project to clean and replace the anode/resistance heater.  Does anyone have experience of how to remove the heater cover (8 screws) and the anode/resistance assembly?  i bought the 55mm hex wrench but there is no room for it to turn!  I removed the screws from the cover, but it won't come loose!  Can someone help me please?
--
Jose Prieto
SV Wayag, SM 323