Re: Bow Thruster Travel Sensors H, B, and SP

Alan Grayson

Hi Paul, you can swap the sensors around but you have to open the control box and reposition the wires so they read correctly. I found that with a person at the helm and myself at the bow thruster we could slowly raise by activating the switch then putting the switch back at neutral thereby stopping movement. So if you switch the sensors around you can actually position the sensor halfway down the tube and select up and it should stop when it reaches the sensor.
Does that make sense.
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai
Ft Lauderdale

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 5:13:12 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Cc: Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow Thruster Travel Sensors H, B, and SP

Paul,

You should speak to Mark McGovern (CC'd). As you know when Amel stopped supplying the PCB for the bow thruster Mark made some for Amel owners. Mark is intimately familiar with the PCB operation. 

Also, did you notice that there was a link to a video done by Mark on the page that I posted? If not here is a direct link to it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrrv3ixn2rxsd2l/Bowthruster%20and%20Sensors.mp4?dl=0 

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 3:59 PM Paul Stascavage via groups.io <pstas2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I read that one Bill and although is is going to be extremely helpful when I get to the adjustment phase, it doesn't help me to determine if my problem with the SP & H sensors not illuminating and H not functioning is due to not receiving power or being defective.  I would like to know a way to test if the sensors are getting power by testing at the control box or at the helm wiring.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring Norfolk, VA

www.RitaKathryn.com

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.