Re: Leaking deck hatch latch

Arno Luijten

I had the same problem with all the Southco locks a few years back. All of them suffered from two problems, leakage between the housing and the GRP hatch because Amel was a bit too sparse with the Sikaflex and leakage trough the shaft of the lock. Take out the lock, clean it and re-seal with Sikaflex. At the same time you should take the lock apart by removing the small pin (careful not to loose it!), clean it and replace the O-ring using silicone grease.
When I spoke to Southco directly about revision sets they told me they don't do revision sets but you can always buy a new lock.... yeah, right.
So the black rubber cylinder in the lock is not so easy obtainable. But it also lasts longer then the O-ring.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121