From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 6:08 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] FA50 Silent mode on A54?

Hi Chris,

I am pretty sure my silent switch if fitted would be on the white wire on our FA50.

Would need to check this however.

Regards

Ross and Donna

SM2K #356

Currently in Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, October 28, 2021, 1:04 PM, Chris Likins <likinsca@...> wrote:

So I went to install the physical switch as mentioned above, however the purple and gray wires simply don’t exist on my FA50. Also, in the menu screen on the chart plotter, the “silent” option is also non existent.

It appears there might be a few different versions? The US manual specifies you can add a switch between the purple and gray wires, and it also specifies how to access silent mode through the menu screens.

The French manual however, omits the purple and gray wires on the wiring diagram and it makes no mention of a silent mode in the menu descriptions... it appears mine matches the French version??

Or is it possible I need to update firmware to access the silent menu? I have my doubts though since the physical wires for a silent switch don’t exist on mine...

--
Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond
SV Intrepid Kiwi