Re: Hold down fittings for aft locker.

Eric,

Yes, that is my understanding, at least for some of the SMs built, maybe all of them, but certainly all that I have seen.

And I believe the issue is that over time the screw sealant deteriorates. Amel used sealant on the screw to keep saltwater out. When saltwater gets inside, the metal plate will rust into nothing.

Remember, if you need to replace the steel plate embedded in the balsa deck, you can get to it from under the deck leaving the faux teak and faux caulk untouched.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:23 PM Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Does anyone know how the hinged fittings with the black knobs on the aft locker are fitted?

One of the screws seems stripped.

My assumption is that there is a plate under the deck that the screws fit into.

Fair Winds

ERIC

Kimberlite Amel SM 376