Re: Leak at baby stay chainplate on 54

Nick,

I am not sure, but I think it may be able to be caulked on the deck. Here is a photo of an A55 staysail chainplate from inside the forward locker. The two smaller bolts are from the top fixture on deck shown in the 2nd photo. There are four of these bolts, with two inside the front locker and two on the other side of that bulkhead. I do not know how accessible the other two are, but this is what your challenge is and I would really like to know how this is going to work for you. Also, I wonder what the second small plate on the deck is for??

image.png

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 12:56 AM ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
We have been enjoying a couple of rainy days here in Turkey. Sometimes really heavy rain, so an opportune moment to look for leaks. Apart from some stitch holes in the spray hood we only have one.
I noticed a small puddle under the floor in forward port cabin next to the depth sounder transducer. Fresh water and a small trickle from forward. Long and short of it is that it is coming from the inner inner forstay. Then running down behind the lining and out below the cupboard in the port forward cabin. Then draining aft.
The problem is that the shower moulding hides it. What I would like to do is remove the chain plate and re-bed it. However without cutting an access hole it  is not possible.

I had the same leak a couple of years ago and bodged it by running a bead of sealant around the plate outside. Looks like I will do that again…
 Has anyone else been here? Can offer better solution?
Nick
S/Y Amelia
Marmaris bay at anchor
AML 54-019