Re: Linear drive wiring mystery

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Tom,

For what it's worth, our Raymarine type 2 rotary drive runs with a 24V motor & computer and provides 24V to a 12V clutch. The clutch will eventually burn out without a step down transformer or resistor between the computer output and clutch.

The 12V units are way less expensive and much easier to find. Perhaps the power supply to the entire unit has been stepped down? Not as energy efficient but solves the availability and cost problems of the 24V units. Anyway, curious what you find.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 11:40 AM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
On SM 422, I have a raymarine type 2 linear drive (M81134), which is a 24 volt unit with a 12 volt clutch. Yet, in inspecting my unit, I noticed the motor wires are labeled 12 volt (red and black); Im not sure if it is an Amel label or a Raymarine label. I'm hoping before I test the voltage that I've overlooked something obvious.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
Tahaa, French Polynesia