Re: Antifouling / Bottompaint

Joerg Esdorn

Edited

When I bought my boat in 2016, Amel was using Seajet paint which worked ok in the Med but I had to clean it every couple of months and I repainted every winter. I then replaced it with international Micron 350 in 2019.  The Micron I never cleaned during the season because the International support told me to trust the self polishing and any additional cleaning would just reduce the thickness of the paint. The experience with that has been good - I never saw any reduction in speed from a dirty bottom.  One reason could be that I’m now in the Atlantic and the water is colder than in the Med.  interestingly, Amel now installs Coppercoat as standard.   I am considering that for next season. There is another thread on that on this forum.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle