From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Paul Peschel
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2021 8:09 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Retractable bow thruster replacement

Hello again,

after installing a new propeller sent in from Maud of Amel, our bow thruster worked fine for a few weeks. Somehow unfortunately the fiber-glass cover and a part of the gearbox fall off. I guess there have been some cracks in the plastic ( i saw a little oil dripping and closed it with sikaflex - big mistake and learning! ) and then it was too much force using it again after probably a long time without ( we took over the boat this summer and the previous owner died, so no details on this). I asked Maud, but the part and the mold are not available anymore.

Any idea on how to fix this? Have anybody reworked the lower section before and has suggestions on how to do it?

Many Thanks!

Paul