Re: Climma Heat

Every time I experienced this on our SM or others the cause was poor air flow triggering the safety cutoff switch, and the most common causes are in this order:
1.) Fan capacitors out of spec.
2.) The fan set to a speed other than High
3.) Clogged air filter or other airflow restrictions

I have known a few owners to replace the safety switch, but I was never 100% certain that it was needed, although I am sure the safety switch will fail.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sat, Nov 6, 2021, 07:03 Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I have seen a number of posts on Climma unit heat cutting off 10 to 15 seconds after being turned on, but no solutions. Sounds like overheat protection control failure. This even when filter is removed to attain maximum air flow, and still cuts out at all fan speeds. (Might be instructive to know if it cuts out more quickly at low speed than high speed as that would indicate that there is at least some feedback in the high temp cutoff control.)

Has anyone determined a cause? Thermistor failure? Relay issue? Wiring short or break?

Solution? Part replacement?

Mike Ondra

Former mechanic Aletes SM#240