Re: Retractable bow thruster replacement

Nick Newington

How about doing away with a Bowthruster altogether?
My last boat was a Bowman 46, 46 ft with long fin and skeg rudder,  never had one, managed very well without…used prop kick and knowledge to stay in control. If two or more up, could launch the dinghy with 15hp that could be used as a tug.
I would consider really good davits or stern arch with easy dinghy launch as a cost effective, seaman like solution.
Less is sometimes more.

Good luck
Nick
S/Y Amelia
AML 54-019
Turkey

On 7 Nov 2021, at 01:18, JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:

Chris,

Thank you for that link to the jet system. Never heard about this company. Really great find. I love it, no more seals, special parts, anodes, and clunky systems. Anybody on the forum has any experience with that system?
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco