Descaling the Seawater Lines

Dean Gillies

Hi all,
I'm preparing Stella for in-water wintering in southern Spain and will be filling all seawater lines with freshwater as I've always done in the past for non-freezing winterisation.

I'm wondering about the wisdom of treating the seawater lines with some kind of de-scaling treatment. I've previously cleaned my ONAN heat exchanger with dilute Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic Acid) but that seems a bit over the top to flush right through the seawater systems. I know some folks like barnacle buster and such-like.  I don't have any symptoms of poor water flow anywhere, so my gut feel says "if it ain't broke ...".  Am I missing something?

Cheers
Dean
SV STELLA
A54-154