Re: Where to buy Corrosion X

Denis, I do not know the difference for sure. I think it is "marketing." The original (classic) CorrosionX was originally developed to control corrosion for the airplane industry and found wide use because of its success. I remember when there was only one product offered by the company. Now the company has many different branded products.

I have accidentally placed CorrosionX on Nitrile seals with no apparent adverse issue. CorrosionX states the following on their website: "Corrosion-X does not affect rubber, neoprene, monofilament, plastics, and plexiglass. All other kerosene-based products will attack and destroy rubber mounts, neoprene seals, fishing lines, and door seals. (If you do not use Corrosion-X, please do not use the cheap alternative near your rubber bushings or neoprene)."

I recommend that all seals are treated with silicone grease and have found the best product available today for use on Amels is Dow Corning 111 O-Ring Silicone Lubricant, also known as Molykote.

Here is a list of everything I recommend for your Amel. You will find that the vast majority of Amel owners use most of these products.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 5:36 AM Denis Foster <deniswfoster@...> wrote:
Hello Bill,

Do you know the respective applications between Classic Corrosion X shown on picture and Corrosion X HD and Corrosion  aviation ?

Is it safe on seals ?

Thanks

Denis