Re: Where to buy Corrosion X

Denis, I do not know the difference for sure. I think it is "marketing." The original (classic) CorrosionX was originally developed to control corrosion for the airplane industry and found wide use because of its success. I remember when there was only one product offered by the company. Now the company has many different branded products.

I have accidentally placed CorrosionX on Nitrile seals with no apparent adverse issue. CorrosionX states the following on their website: "Corrosion-X does not affect rubber, neoprene, monofilament, plastics, and plexiglass. All other kerosene-based products will attack and destroy rubber mounts, neoprene seals, fishing lines, and door seals. (If you do not use Corrosion-X, please do not use the cheap alternative near your rubber bushings or neoprene)."

I recommend that all seals are treated with silicone grease and have found the best product available today for use on Amels is Dow Corning 111 O-Ring Silicone Lubricant, also known as Molykote. 

Here is a list of everything I recommend for your Amel. You will find that the vast majority of Amel owners use most of these products.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 5:36 AM Denis Foster <deniswfoster@...> wrote:
Hello Bill,

Do you know the respective applications between Classic Corrosion X shown on picture and Corrosion X HD and Corrosion  aviation ?

Is it safe on seals ?

Thanks

Denis

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.