Re: Dehumidifier Drain Outlet

Paul Stascavage

Dean,

The previous owners of Rita Kathryn did the same thing as Jose describes in this thread https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/message/61037 when leaving the boar in warm locations except they used plywood to create a frame for the A/C unit to reside in the companionway door opening.

I was thinking you could fabricate a new companionway door from plywood (or your material of choice), hardware to lock it, and drill a hole for your dehumidifier drain line.  You could then place your dehumidifier on the top step of the companionway.  This would allow the unit to drain to the scuppers.  Provided your dehumidifier doesn't draw from the front and exit from the rear (or vice versa), it should sit nicely on that top step and do it's job just fine.  Our unit draws from the rear and exits from the top and others I have seen draw from the rear and exit from the side.

I hope this provides you with an additional alternative.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently exploring Brunswick, GA