Re: Dehumidifier Drain Outlet

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Dear All,
We left our boat in the water in Le Marin, Martinique for 20 months. When we returned she was as fresh and dry as the day we left her. No mold, no leaks. The trick is not to leave anything on board with your body oil on it. Your last tee shirt you wore before changing to get on the plane. Bedding, towels, pillows. Make sure everything is clean prior. Don't bother with vacuum sealing either. One speck of moisture in that bag will spot everything.
Other than that we are pleased with our boat. I would not do anything special for a month. 2 years maybe.

All the best,
Chuck and Kim
Joy 388
Antigua

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 9:59 AM Paul Stascavage via groups.io <pstas2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dean,

The previous owners of Rita Kathryn did the same thing as Jose describes in this thread https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/message/61037 when leaving the boar in warm locations except they used plywood to create a frame for the A/C unit to reside in the companionway door opening.

I was thinking you could fabricate a new companionway door from plywood (or your material of choice), hardware to lock it, and drill a hole for your dehumidifier drain line.  You could then place your dehumidifier on the top step of the companionway.  This would allow the unit to drain to the scuppers.  Provided your dehumidifier doesn't draw from the front and exit from the rear (or vice versa), it should sit nicely on that top step and do it's job just fine.  Our unit draws from the rear and exits from the top and others I have seen draw from the rear and exit from the side.

I hope this provides you with an additional alternative.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently exploring Brunswick, GA