Re: 220 volt microwave replacement in SM

Nick Newington

Maybe it is a generational thing but we hardly ever use the microwave. I sometimes use the grill function but if I had an electric fan oven/grill then for sure we would use it. 

We could be in the market for a replacement.

What about heat dispersion? I guess one does not want to install a unit that just fits.

Does anyone know the size of the compartment on the 54?

On the subject of unused equipment; we never use the dishwasher….waste of valuable galley real estate IMHO. Maybe get rid of the dishwasher and install  a good combi oven, then use the microwave space as a custom plate rack…..food for thought...

All the best

Nick

S/Y Amelia

AML 54-019 Leros

On 21 Nov 2021, at 05:58, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

We replaced ours with a confection toaster oven. I can count on one hand how often we used the microwave. Now we have a vastly expanded menu thanks this. 

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Schmit
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 4:06 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] 220 volt microwave replacement in SM

I’m looking to purchase a new 220 volt microwave that fits in our SM microwave cabinet (approx 23”x13.5”x15”). Has anyone replaced theirs here in the USA and if so which model fits in the space without too much customization?
-- 
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Currently in Brunswick, GA 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.