Re: 220 volt microwave replacement in SM

Nick Newington

Maybe it is a generational thing but we hardly ever use the microwave. I sometimes use the grill function but if I had an electric fan oven/grill then for sure we would use it.

We could be in the market for a replacement.

What about heat dispersion? I guess one does not want to install a unit that just fits.

Does anyone know the size of the compartment on the 54?

On the subject of unused equipment; we never use the dishwasher….waste of valuable galley real estate IMHO. Maybe get rid of the dishwasher and install  a good combi oven, then use the microwave space as a custom plate rack…..food for thought...

All the best

Nick

S/Y Amelia

AML 54-019 Leros

On 21 Nov 2021, at 05:58, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

We replaced ours with a confection toaster oven. I can count on one hand how often we used the microwave. Now we have a vastly expanded menu thanks this.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275