Re: Dehumidifier Drain Outlet

Dean Gillies

Hi folks,
Thanks for all the recommendations, suggestions and imaginative ideas.
To close out the initial question, my solution was to drain the dehumidifier down the galley sink.

I cleaned out the bilge completely and hooked up the bilge alarm switch to my Victron Cerbo system which I monitor via the internet. I can see the dehumidifier running cycle based on the modulation of the AC supply and I can see when the bilge pump operates.  If there is a bilge alarm then an email will be sent to me within minutes.

I would have preferred to dump overboard, but this was extraordinarily awkward to accomplish without making boat modifications that I didn't like.  So I am comfortable with this solution.
Thanks again to all.
Dean
SV STELLA *****
A54-154