Re: 220 volt microwave replacement in SM

Michael Winand

We replaced the gas oven with the
Whirlpool jt479
I removed the gas oven from under the the gas burners, I know it sounds complicated but it was simple, still having gas hobs with the electric oven works well. It is gimbaled using the existing system. Can use a induction hob on top if required.
This oven does everything really well.
It won't fit in the existing space for the old aeg microwave, grill.
We now have the extra space.

Michael Nebo sm251

On Sun, 21 Nov 2021, 11:27 pm Peter Forbes, <ppsforbes@...> wrote:
This is very interesting- we have never used our microwave (not once) and the combi electric oven/toaster is a really good thought.

Peter Forbes
Carango 54-035
Lymington UK

On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:42, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:

Hi Nick

Absolutely right and thanks for the food for thought…

We checked dozens of products/possibilities for a fan oven/grill but the MW-space for those units is just too small, because of extra air space needed re heat dispersion.

The Dishwasher compartment could be an option on the length, but still need space on both side and maybe also too small. Need to check.

Thanks and best regards

Ruedi Waldispuehl

SY WASABI

AMEL54 #55

Almerimar

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> im Auftrag von "ngtnewington Newington via groups.io" <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io>
Datum: Sonntag, 21. November 2021 um 11:17
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] 220 volt microwave replacement in SM

Maybe it is a generational thing but we hardly ever use the microwave. I sometimes use the grill function but if I had an electric fan oven/grill then for sure we would use it.

We could be in the market for a replacement.

What about heat dispersion? I guess one does not want to install a unit that just fits.

Does anyone know the size of the compartment on the 54?

On the subject of unused equipment; we never use the dishwasher….waste of valuable galley real estate IMHO. Maybe get rid of the dishwasher and install  a good combi oven, then use the microwave space as a custom plate rack…..food for thought...

All the best

Nick

S/Y Amelia

AML 54-019 Leros

On 21 Nov 2021, at 05:58, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

We replaced ours with a confection toaster oven. I can count on one hand how often we used the microwave. Now we have a vastly expanded menu thanks this.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275